It is better to have no web site at all than a rubbish one. A website creates an impression of your business. A messy, difficult to navigate site with poor appearance will have more of a detrimental effect on your business than not having a site at all. A small, simple, but perfectly formed site is preferable over one that is messy, confusing and difficult to load.
Do read on if you want to know why you should have a good website for your small business. Customers do expect all businesses to have a website.
- Your potential customers will be surfing the internet looking for a product or service just like yours. So if you are not visible on the internet you are missing a trick. Your competitors are out there already and if you don’t have a listed website then you are missing these potential new customers.
- Potential customers will check out your website as part of the process of word of mouth, for example someone may have heard about your company through word of mouth (via a friend), but what do they do next? Before they make direct contact they may want to find out more details about your services including what your customers say about you or to see your products or services, or your prices. Once they have been reassured by your site they will then progress to the next step in the process, such as giving you a call or emailing you.
- Your website is the best point of contact or reference. Your customers will want your telephone number. Your web site makes it easy for them to find it.
- Having a web site is the most cost effective marketing because you can have pages upon pages of information about your products, services and your company. This would cost a fortune using more traditional marketing media. You can get a website up and running with us for just a small monthly payment.
- Your web site will be working for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Customers are busy and picky nowadays and they will search the web in the evening and on weekends. An advantage of having a website is that your virtual ‘shop window’ is now open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We do great web sites for small businesses in Hull and East Yorkshire so be sure to contact us today.